Sunday, January 28, 2007

Timmy Tourney

Hi everyone this is Katie, Tim's oldest daughter. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who attended the Timmy Tourney. It was honestly the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for our family. It meant so much to my parents and even more to me. You rough and tough milldogs sure do have a soft side. [To everyone who doesn't know..the Timmy tournament was a poker tournament that Mike Kelley and Glenn Bell came up with as a fundraiser to raise money for mine and my sister's college fund.] On Saturday night at about 7:30 I was with my best friend and we both got to thinking that we should have went to the poker tournament just to see everyone and hear all the nice things that everyone had to say about my good ol' dad. But looking at all the pictures and watching the video was a nice replacement. For the last few days my dad has done nothing but lay in bed and today was the first time I saw him smile and it just happened to be when he was watching the video. We are all going to miss my dad's badass, funny and humble personality, me especially, but one thing that i strongly believe in is that everything happens for a reason.


PS- I'm feelin an annual Timmy Tourney..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys. This is Jake and i am speaking on behalf of my mom and my little brother when i say that we love you guys very much and if there is anything that we can do then let us know. Stay strong. Your in our prayers.

Jake, Jackie, and Zachary Carr

Anonymous said...

Katie and Jess
Thanks for sharing this story with us. Spencer and I would of also liked to hear all the great things the mill dogs had to say about your dad. Your mom and Dad are so prode of you two girls.
Spencer and I feel so lucky to have your family in our life. Some people never have the chance to meet and be friends with such a wonderful family. We love you all and keep you and your family in our prayes and thoughts through out the day. Cathy and Spencer

Anonymous said...

Dear Katie,
You comments touched my heart. you are so lucky to be in such a terrific family. We never know what our destinies are, but you can be confident that you are surrounded by many loving family & friends. We have loved your mom since she was a baby& your dad is exceptional. Carl always talked about what a good man your dad was at work.Carl is a milldog too, (he also has a very soft heart,)It takes a good man to impress an old milldog, and your Dad impressed them all. One thing that everyone knew was how proud your Mom & Dad are of you girls. We love and respect both your mom & dad, as well as you girls. I know it is hard, but you have great building blocks from both sides of your families. Love & Prayers are sent to you & your sister, as well as your grandparents.
Love Carl & Doris Harris

Anonymous said...

Tim,Kathy & Girls,

This is Aunt Sharan. I just today got this address. I wanted to call, but didn't know what to say or bother if you were resting. I want you to know the kids and I love you all so very much and you are all in our prayers and thoughts. I admire your strength. I am so glad Tim got to go to the game. You are all so brave and have the closeness most families have only wished for. I just want you to know if there is anything you need please call day or night. Aaron and steph and Bao send their love too. Gary and Jill ask about you all the time and sendd their love also. What wonderful parent you are and what wonderful children you are raising. God bless all of you. I love you all.