Friday, January 26, 2007

Hospice

Just a quick update to let everyone know two days ago Tim decided to turn to hospice. Some people think this is a scary word or that we have given up, but that is not true. I find a peace in knowing that we have opted for comfort care in our home. Tim wants nothing more than to be surrounded by his girls. Tim's body grows weaker each day because of his inability to eat, but I believe his spirit grows stronger with acceptance. After 2 days of being too weak to get out of bed the hospice nurses decided to try Ritalin to act as a stimulant to give Tim some energy. It gave him the strength he needed to attend Katie's basketball game this afternoon. That has been his goal all week and i believe it to be a blessing
A big thank you goes out to everyone at shasta blood center. The girls were thrilled to find the wonderful care package on our front step. So many kind gifts and words of encouragement. We appreciate everyone of them. I apoligize I don't feel emotionally strong enough to call and update , but please know I am thinking of all of you and I feel your prayers.
Also to everyone who has sent a card, email, left a comment or phone message please know that I read or tell Tim about everyone. It is a wonderful gift you have given him to let him know that he touched your life and made a difference. It is also a gift to me and the girls because they have become my morning meditation. I read them everyday because it is comforting to know how many people love Tim as much as we do. Thanks , Kathy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY KORTUEM FAMILY -- THE BELL FAMILY THINKS OF YOU ALL EVERY SECOND OF EVERYDAY. WE WERE THRILLED TO SEE YOU GOING IN TO THE GYM TODAY FOR KATIES GAME, WE DIDN'T BOTHER YOU GUYS BECAUSE WE KNOW HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO WATCH THE GAMES BELIEVE US WE KNOW, ITS A TIME FOR YOU TO BE THERE FOR KATIE NOT TO VISIT WITH US, YOU KEEP STRONG AND POSITIVE AND KNOW THAT WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! :) John, Dawn, Morgan and johnny Bell

Anonymous said...

Tim and family as I continue to pray for you I also find myself praying that you parents find peace. I can not in my worst nightmare even put myself in their shoes. Our children are not supposed to get sick, and we have our hands tied with nothing we can do to help. Mothers are famous for making everything better especially when we don't feel good. Do your parents sit outside your house hoping to get to see you even for a few minutes a day? I know I would. How do you let your baby go? Because you know that you instantly became a small baby in their eyes when you got your diagnosis, just as your children would if they were sick. How special a Mother and Father's love for their children and yours were the among the best. I bet each of them would please God trade places with you if only they could. I continue to pray for you and your family. Today I am trying to imagine the pain your Mom and Dad are going through and I pray for God our Father to give them the strengh to handle this in the graceful way that I know they will. How wonderful to have been raised by these two gracious people.

Anonymous said...

Hospice is very scary to those of us that have only HEARD about it. Just recently I watched as hospice helped a dear friend of mine with her father. They were heaven sent. As I see here too. The creativity to help get Tim to the game is one of many miracles due for you all.

Take heart, we are here and praying for strength and peace for all of you.
Colleen Harrison
(Tim's Aunt Kay's oldest)

Anonymous said...

This is more for Kathy then anyone. We once had a talk. How i felt about this family about 6 months ago. And after seeing how this family is taking all this. My respect has raised ten fold.

I also wanted to say how much i respect the way you have raised and are raising your kids, not only are you guys very close with all your family, you have that bond thing, i cant tell you how much people can miss out in life by not just "hanging out with there parents."

I can only wish my kids can have the same experience as yours have

i do miss you and your family, you are a model american family.



i dont really know what to say, i guess that i have so much respect for you guys. Your a strong family. Enjoy your time with Tim. Hes a real stand up guy. I Miss his jokes. i miss leaving the house and my cheeks hurting. I can only imagine how it is for you guys.

Sincerely,
Jacob Wood.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim and family, thank you Kathy for the update, I have come to rely on these notes, you are a champion. What a great idea Hospice had for you Tim, fresh air, watching your daughter play, one on one with your family. Wonderful news. We are having the same sort of weather you had, Tim ,the day we were there to visit, although the wind is nippy. Naturally I am out in it, that is my solice. I find myself thinking of you and your family in these times. Timmy, I love you. I don't want you to get tired of hearing it ok, my precious nephew. I mean it with all of my being. You and your family have become a huge place in my heart, and I don't want you to grow weary of me. You are a star as is Kathy and the girls. Ok, my loves, I am going to attempt to get back out in the yard, I love you all, Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

to the family,
you all are like my second family. i pray everyday for that mircle. No matter what, ive always respected and loved your family just as my own. your family is the best family anyone could ever ask for and i respect that like crazy. i do hope for the best.
i love you all.

Love, Callie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathy & Tim,
I'm so glad your mother told me about your page. I feel your courage as well as your pain. I always knew you are a special couple and terrific parents. We pray for your family daily. I know God will give your family strength to endure. If you need us we are just a phonecall away. We love you, Carl & Doris