Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gratitude and Hope

I just want to take a moment to express gratitude to all those who are making life easier for us. A big thanks to the Demaagd's and Ella, Shane and Victoria for giving the girls a happy place to stay while we are at the hospital. I know you love the girls as much as Tim and I and it is a huge relief to know their needs are being met so wonderfully.
So many touching things have been done for us . John made a beautiful scrapbook about best friends that really lifted Tim's spirits. The support from the entire Sierra Pacific family is amazing. Even if I don't return phone calls know everyone is important and lifts our spirits.
One of my favorite thoughts about how good people are is Katie calling me at the hospital and saying "Mom why is there a stranger mowing our back yard?" I said because people are good. You know who you are (Thanks)
Mary, Vince, Cathy and the Bell family thanks for giving me hope and peace in my down times. Of course thanks to Tim's entire family and mine for everything you do to help Tim and I make it through every minute of the day.
Now probably what you are waiting for an update on Tim's condition. In the beginning I was praying for a cure, then quality years or months. I still pray for these things but I have learned to be grateful for the good moments Tim has when we can have good conversation. He is really battling the disease right now and doesn't have much strength for much of anything else. Anyway today we had 2 good 30 minute conversations which was 2 more than yesterday. I am grateful for that maybe things are moving in a positive direction. Praying for a miracle ...Kathy

No comments: