Sunday, January 7, 2007

Prognosis

This seems to be the hardest thing to deal with right now is the constant question of what is Tim's prognosis. Yesterday an adult asked our daughter if Tim was going to die. This seems like a pretty harsh question for an adult to ask a child. I realize it is a doctors job to prepare you for the worst. Our doctor has done this without giving allot of hope, but from this point forward I refuse to talk about prognosis, statistics and time lines. Tim is fighting an incredible battle and I believe he has the will to do great things. He told me he plans on being here to see his daughters graduate in 2009 and he really wants to walk them down the aisle on their wedding day. Since we have a strict rule in the Kortuem house nobody gets married until they have their 4 year degree from college this is at least 10 years away. These are long term goals in the short term Tim really wants to feel strong enough to take the girls tubing on the lake this summer our favorite family times. Keep your eyes open for our blue boat because I truly believe we will be there. A social worker at the hospital gave me this great idea when people ask about the prognosis. We are in the most important basketball game of our lives no one knows if we will win or loose but we are only in the first quarter with lots of time left to play. I know Tim and I know this game is going into overtime. Please pray for a miracle. We had one 2 days ago when Tim felt strong enough to go to Katie's basketball game. Thanks for everything ,Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kortuem family,
I don't know if your family believes in God or not, and I hope I won't offend you if I share an encouraging word from the bible. In Matthew it says. " but with God all things are possible". The bible is filled with stories of miracles, so why not pray with faith believing that God will heal your husband. I would count it as an honor to pray for your family.

I also wanted to thank you for sharing your family's battle. After reading your story I realized that each day we are given is gift that should be treasured.